What we knew before the episode aired:
Episode #70: “Radioactive” (season finale)
Bill (Stephen Moyer) discovers that salvation comes at a price; Jason (Ryan Kwanten) senses a vampire attraction firsthand. Sookie (Anna Paquin) examines her future with Warlow (Rob Kazinsky), while Bon Temps braces itself when a new crisis threatens both humans and vampires.
Written by Kate Barnow; directed by Scott Winant.
My thoughts below the Read More in case you haven’t seen the episode yet and don’t want to be spoiled. (Why do I bother doing this? Because my web statistics show a very high percentage of people find my site entirely by accident and I don’t want to spoil them accidentally! 🙂 )
I do not say this lightly, but that was the Worst. Finale. Ever. And I think True Blood finally made me lose interest in what is to come.
The only thing I liked about the episode was that Warlow turned on Sookie as expected. And while I have a very slim hope that Pam saved Eric somehow, I’m not counting on it at this point because they were so busily telegraphing that Bill and Sookie will spend season 7 “finding their way back to one another,” from the way Sookie was making goo-goo eyes at him to his constipated looks whenever he saw her.
So, so much to hate about this episode:
- Apparently, they gave Eric all that heroic stuff just so they can set him on fire in a stupid way. While I am holding out a slim hope that Pam somehow saved his flaming ass, I’m skeptical that even if he survives, he and Sookie will be together based on the Bill and Sookie lovefest going on.
- So every human has to have a vamp to protect them? Of course, while Sookie is saying no to Bill now since she is with Alcide, it seems like the writing is on the wall that she will change her mind.
- I don’t care about the roaming feral vamps. I really don’t.
- I don’t care about Bill becoming the old Bill.
- I don’t even care about the soap opera relationships of the other characters because, without Eric, who cares?
I’m honestly stunned they would actually kill off Eric because I think it is a bad idea for the show, but unless we suddenly get all kinds of interviews tomorrow with Alexander Skarsagard saying he will be back, I am going to assume this is goodbye to our beloved Viking.
My site isn’t going anywhere because I am still a Sooric shipper to the core and will continue to read and write fanfiction. But, wow, I think my love for True Blood just died with Eric on that mountaintop.
Come mourn with me, my friends, although thank god tonight when you go to bed for fanfiction!