…because you all know you would want to. (Well, most of you, except for my friend Mike who I am sure couldn’t care less.)
Check out this report from Cynthia Dermody at The Stir about what you can expect should you ever be so lucky.
I think we can all agree that Alexander Skarsgard is pretty much perfect, right? Good. So allow me to blow your mind a little bit when I say that he’s even more perfect in person. The Stir (me) got to meet him at a press event for his latest film What Maisie Knew. Let’s just say there was a lot of thoughts going on that day, but in all fairness, one of them was professional. Would he look or act anything like his film or TV characters, particularly that of Vampire Eric on True Blood, the role that cast him into the spotlight and into our hearts? Is he as laid-back as he always seems? Will he wear skinny jeans?
Oops, that’s veering into the non-professional again … so without further ado, here’s a list of what you can expect if you are ever so blessed in life to meet Skarsgard in person so you can make sure you keep yourself together. Because damn he’s like a drug (from what people tell me).
12 Things You Can Expect From Meeting Alexander Skarsgard
1. He’s super polite. He walks in and shakes everyone’s hand while introducing himself … while looking you straight in the eyes.
2. If you haven’t already fainted by this point, you will have to fight the urge to keep holding his hand past the customary two seconds, but that is not advised. Just let go.
3. You will hold your hand out strangely for the rest of the day, looking at it, avoiding handwashing for as long as possible, until you realize that’s futile and relent — but not before you rub your hand all over your face in hopes you will get sick so you can tell your friends, “Yeah, I caught this bad cold from Alex Skarsgard. Sucks.”
4. Upon him entering a room, it will feel as if all the energy in that room is being sucked away from every living thing and inanimate object and directly toward him, because his presence is so immense.
5. He’s so so so tall — seeming even taller than his 6 foot 4 inches. It is virtually impossible not to stare at him trying to memorize every detail of his face like you’re some sort of crazy person. Avoid this tendency, too.
6. His blue eyes are endless pools.
7. His smile, revealing those perfect teeth, is arresting, and he smiles a lot when he talks. He’s clearly a happy, friendly, at-ease person who really enjoys talking about his craft.
8. He’s modest. When his 7-year-old costar Onata Aprile was told that other girls are going to be so jealous of her for getting to spend so much time with the tall blonde Swede, Skarsgard just shrugged the compliment off with an “eh.”
9. He’s loyal and brave. Well, at least loyal. When asked if rumors about his character Eric getting killed off True Blood in the next season were true, he smiled and said: “I can’t tell you that.” It was worth a shot.
10. His blue eyes are endless pools. (Oops, next.)
11. His perfectly sculpted torso is like … how to even describe … a priceless work of art? A tall glass of cool water? Breathtaking? There are almost no words fit to describe Skarsgard’s toned, lean physique under that tailored chambray button-down. With the top three buttons opened. Just enough to see the tops of his hairless pecs. Not that I noticed.
12. He will probably not ask you to have coffee with him after the briefing. So stop fantasizing about that. No, seriously, it’s getting a little obsessive. He’s way too busy making movies, meeting directors, and attending all these events to have time for something like that. Very busy.
What’s the first thing you would do or say if you met Alexander Skarsgard in person?