The Stir says it has 9 facts that you probably don’t know about Alexander Skarsgard. Even as obsessed as I am, I only knew four! I’m going to guess there are people who read my blog who do know more. Are you one of them?
And no, the author didn’t address this directly to me, although it sounds like she did… 😉
Fact: You love Alexander Skarsgard. You’ve watched every episode of True Blood so many times you can recite the dialogue by heart. You talk about the star all the time, to anyone and everyone (except, not your therapist anymore — not since she got all “concerned” about your “unhealthy obsession” with Alexander Skarsgard). You’re taking night classes in Conversational Swedish for Beginners. The point is, you probably think you know everything there is to know about Alexander Skarsgard … but you don’t! We did a whole lot of stalking investigative reporting and it turns out Eric Northman is as fascinating as he is fine.
1. He calls himself a “terrible texter“:
I like to keep it short and, that’s sometimes a problem because it can come across as you’re being rude … I’m not trying to be rude. It just takes me forever. I’m not a good texter, and with these big hands, it takes me a long time.
2. He dropped out of college after two semesters — for a girl. (The relationship didn’t work out.)
3. His full name is Alexander Johan Hjalmar Skarsgård.
4. He’s never smoked cigarettes and doesn’t like the smell of cigarette smoke, but he DOES like the smell of cigar smoke (because it reminds him of his grandfather).
5. He likes funny women who aren’t too “dressy:”
My family has a small cottage in the middle of nowhere in Sweden. It has no phone, TV or shower. You have to swim in the lake to wash. I love it. Taking a girl there is a good indicator of whether she’s right for me.
6. He grew up on what sounds like the Swedish equivalent of a commune:
I was raised by this whole community of artists. It was pretty wild. Illegal substances floating around. People were drunk. I was born in the late ’70s. There was so much love there.
7. He usually dresses super-casual, just jeans and a t-shirt.
8. He believes humans are “nothing but frappuccino-sipping savages“:
Humans are animals … and like other animals we struggle between instinct and rationality. Of course I believe we’ve evolved, but I think it’d be naïve to claim we’re nothing like the rest of the animals with whom we share the planet.
9. He likes to sing while he’s driving:
You know what it is, you’re in you’re car and you just sing along and someone starts, and you just, you know … if you know every 10th word that’s it, you know. That’s good enough. You just hum, you know?