I love Michael Ausiello. Especially when he has True Blood spoilers!
Question: I’m on the fence about this season’s True Blood. Tell me something that will make me want to stick with it. —Lori
Ausiello: Three “couples” will have sex for the first time in this Sunday’s episode.
Question: The previews for True Blood seem to spell doom for Arlene (Carrie Preston). First Andy seems to be questioning someone about her whereabouts, and now Tara’s attacking her in her freezer. —Kellen
Ausiello: There’s a pretty dramatic death in the next couple weeks, but Arlene is not the victim. In sorta-related news…
Question: Any plans for Carrie Preston to return to The Good Wife? —Caroline
Ausiello: Yep! “They definitely want me back,” Preston tells TVLine. “We’re just trying to work out the details. HBO has been very kind in giving me permission to do some more.”
Okay, three couples that have sex for the first time in 5.3…let the speculation begin!
My most likely to do the deed speculations are as follows:
- Pam and Eric. That’s a given since this is the flashback to Pam’s making and there have been clips floating around of them in bed. But that leaves two more to go and they are much harder to guess!
- Jason and his former teacher? There’s a casting call for a former of teacher of Jason’s, requiring the actress be topless, so I think this is a strong possibility for couple #2. Although why Jason would do something that dumb when the universe has been whomping him upside the head for his sexual promiscuity for two episodes already, I don’t know.
- Bill and the prostitute he and Lorena are going to kill in 1905 San Francisco? If it’s a threesome involving a couple, does that count as one couple or two?
My less likely but still possible list:
- Sookie and Alcide? There have been promo clips, but if they had sex in this episode, it would have to be a dream sequence. Which would make me happier than the alternative, frankly.
- Andy and Holly? Maybe there is a flashback to what led to Andy sleeping naked on Holly’s son’s pull-out couch.
- Bill and Salome? There have been those kissing scenes in the promos. Maybe it goes further than that?
- Salome and Nora? They have been described as “close” in spoilers — exactly how close are they?
- Pam and Tara? Yeah, they hated one another before Tara was turned, but I’ve always thought that Tara’s sexual preferences changed in order to expedite a lesbian relationship with Pam once she was turned. Not in the plot line, of course, but in the writers’ room.
- Jessica and Claude? Yeah, they would have just met, but he is a fairy and he has to smell delicious to her.
So, who have I missed?
As for the comment about the “pretty dramatic death,” I’d say it is a member of the Authority who is suspected of being a traitor and ends up staked. If it is Nora, then gee, guess she won’t betray Eric after all. But if it is someone else, my money would be on Kibwe, since he seemed the most pro-mainstreaming besides Roman, a set up that I think the real traitor would arrange in order to deflect attention from him or herself.